According to recent scientific discoveries, CBD oil has a huge variety of therapeutic and medical benefits. The more we learn about it and its benefits, the more likely it seems that CBD will soon revolutionize the medical industry.
The effect that CBD has on the human brain and body, for example, cannot be compared to any other natural or artificial type of medicine, because CBD support chronic and other severe illness by directly connecting with the brain cells.
In this article, you will learn more about cannabidiol (CBD), its uses and applications, the oil extracted from it and much more. The following areas will be covered:
- What is CBD?
- 33 CBD oil benefits
- How to make CBD oil? The four main extraction methods
- What is full spectrum CBD oil?
- What is CBD isolate?
- CBD oil varieties (raw, filtered or decarboxylated)
- How to choose and buy CBD oil?
You can either listen or read the article below.
The abbreviation “CBD” stands for Cannabidiol. It is extracted from the hemp of marijuana plants and is proven to be the most critical cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant. However, here it must be emphasized that CBD, as opposed to THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), doesn’t have a psychoactive effect on the human brain.
CBD helps to maintain different psychological processed by interacting with the receptors in the nervous system and in the immune one. Moreover, the body itself produces cannabinoids as part of the functions of the endocannabinoid system.
CBD differs from THC in a lot of aspects, and it is claimed by researchers that it also helps control the harm THC could do to the human brain and body. In that sense, CBD could help anxiety or paranoia. Therefore, THC with a constant ratio of CBD strains is a preferred option when it comes to consuming marijuana. The CBD regulates the effect of THC on the body and mind.
What does CBD do?
Before we dive into further details, it is essential to focus our attention on what this small, but powerful compound is capable of.
Cannabidiol dominates all conversations related to the application of cannabis and CBD in the medical field. However, not only the medical field has shown such interest, but also recreational users ask how does cbd work.
Due to its stress- and pain-relief qualities CBD could become part of our daily routine. Furthermore, it helps to relax the body by affecting the release of receptors in the central nervous system.
How does CBD interact with the body?
CBD interacts with the human body by using the network of neurons and the endocannabinoid system. This system is spread throughout the body and has several receptors that bind with cannabinoids in order for CBD to be induced into the bloodstream. The chemical processes resulting from those interactions cause various reactions in the body.
In order to make it easier for you to understand the effects of CBD on the body, we have prepared a brief overview of the entire process:
The effects of CBD on the body
- Different studies on the subject have shown that CBD can have an anti-inflammatory effect on a human body and protect it from diseases, associated with inflammation.
- There are some studies that focus on the antipsychotic effects of CBD in the brain. CBD enhances the growth and the development of the brain and protects it and the nervous system.
- In 2017, a report published by WHO showed that medical authorities and the government are satisfied with the benefits of CBD and its application in the medical field.
Although fatigue and vomiting are classified as side effects of CBD consumption, recent studies have shown that those are a result of an interaction between drugs and CBD. Nevertheless, experts are still working on providing solid evidence that CBD is beneficial for the human body and that it could be used to help various health issues.
Where does CBD come from?
There are different cannabis plants from which CBD can be extracted, but it is most often found in hemp. CBD is one of the more than 85 cannabinoid chemical compounds in the cannabis plant. It is the 2nd most abundant one, consisting of a total of 40% of the extracts. However, the quantities of THC in hemp are less than the ones of CBD.
Recently, the demand for CBD has increased. That is why growers and breeders are working hard to find new genetic strains of CBD that will help the production of pure CBD crops which do not contain traces of THC. But that has not been achieved yet.
- Katelyn Faith is the name of an 8-year-old girl who died due to an illness, which could have been helped from CBD. Therefore, one strain of CBD is named after her. The ratio of CBD to THC in this plant strain was boosted to 34:1. It is one of the most CBD rich strains available in the world.
- ACDC is a Sativa-dominant phenotype of the high in CBD cannabis strain. Its remarkable characteristic is that the THC to CBD ratio is 1:20, meaning that this strain induces little to no intoxicating effects. Tests have put ACDC’s CBD content as high as 19%, which helps many patients with pain, anxiety, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, and the negative effects of chemotherapy, all while keeping their mind clear.
- Harlequin. The CBD:THC ratio of this strain is 5:2. It is one of the most reliable ones when it comes to extracting CBD.
- Remedy has an impressive CBD ratio of 15:1. It is a highly potent strain, which makes it perfect for medical purposes.
- Charlotte’s Web. You will be surprised to know that this strain is not marijuana at all. It is known as a proprietary hemp plant, rich in CBD.
- Cannatonic. This strain has the ideal 1:1 ratio of CBD to THC. It helps achieve the perfect balance for medical patients, who want to gain benefits from THC as well.
- Futura 75 (Proprietary). We use a stain based on Futura 75, but with our own adaptations over time, and believe it to be significantly better than the alternatives above.
Single compound vs. whole plant CBD
According to studies in the area, as part of the research on hemp products, pure CBD has an extremely slender window of adequacy. Therefore, its use requires extraordinary adequacy when it comes to ingestion and other applications. If not ingested or applied correctly, the CBD products won`t have the same healing effect.
How to use CBD oil?
CBD has a wide range of applications and uses, here are a few of them:
- It’s no longer 2014, you're not going to get ridiculed for having a vape. CBD wax or oil concentrates can be utilized to vape CBD oil or wax.
- Food items like chocolates, chewing candies, brownies
- In beverages. A couple of cafés in states where cannabis is lawful or decriminalized have been known to offer CBD espresso and tea. A few distilleries on the west drift have made CBD brew accessible in bars.
- Treats for pets (CBD for pets). Some dispensaries are now offering puppy treats produced using CBD-rich hemp, which is intended to assist pets with uneasiness.
2. 33 CBD oil benefits
Cannabis oil is a plant-based oil, which could help you with many different types of skin and health problems.
The most widely known benefits of this oil are connected to helping alleviate conditions like ADHD, addictions, allergies, Alzheimer`s, anxiety, arthritis, asthma, autism, cancer, cardiovascular disease, Crohn`s disease, dementia, depression, diabetes, obesity, liver disease, menopause, mood swings, multiple sclerosis, nausea, pain and inflammation, Parkinson`s disease, depression and anxiety in animals, premenstrual syndrome, psoriasis, seizures, sexual problems, skin conditions, insomnia, smoking withdrawal, sport traumas, stress, stroke recovery, sunburn.
After the boom in cases of ADHD in the late 20th century, it seems like this condition has been pushed aside by much more serious ones. Still, it affects a lot of people and makes it very difficult for them to concentrate and stay focused on a task. CBD oil is a way to counteract to those symptoms by calming down your nervous system and refocusing your mind.
Addictions are something common in the modern society. Whether is it addiction to psychotic substances such as drugs and alcohol, or addiction to sugar and candy, once you decide to get in control of your own life, CBD products can help you with withdrawal symptoms.
All allergies begin in the gut, after strong toxemia of the blood. Consumption of CBD products can help your body with detoxication.
4. Antipsychotic effect
Many illnesses and conditions, which are linked to anomalies in the functions of the brain, could be relieved and the pain and confusion could be lessened with the help of CBD products, which have a strong antipsychotic effect.
Once in contact with it, Cannabinoids in the cannabis plant affect the human central nervous system and relax the brain. In this way they cause a relieve in the tension and soothe you when you have an anxiety attack.
Cannabidiol is known to help alleviate the central nervous system and can therefore ease the breathing rhythm for people with asthma.
No matter what the real reason for a sudden boom in children with autism in recent decades is, a way to relieve the symptoms and help the child`s body function better is the consumption of CBD products, such as cannabis oil.
It has not been acknowledged as an official way to help cancer, but CBD has proved to destroy cancer cells and help you with the chemotherapy side-effects.
9. Cardiovascular disease
Although procedures are constantly being improved, heart and blood vessels diseases are among the most common reasons for death among adults. Caused by bad eating habits, stress, and smoking, those diseases can be helped with CBD oil, for example.
10. Crohn`s disease
The toxins in your food are absorbed in the digestive tract and then enter your blood. This could cause inflammation and pain, all symptoms for Crohn`s disease. Situations like this can be helped with cannabis products, such as CBD oil.
11. Dementia & Alzheimer
Dementia comes in many forms, one of which is Alzheimer`s. It is common among people in certain age groups. Cannabis oil helps calm your brain and hinders the degeneration of cells and synapses and fights this condition.
Cannabis products have the quality to stop the decay of brain cells. In this way, they are a powerful mean of lessening the Alzheimer`s symptoms.
Depression is one of the most common serious mental conditions in the 21st It is a result of our being unable to keep up with the challenges of everyday life. CBD oil consumption could help you form a healthy way to cope with all the things that make you feel down.
Diabetes is a serious condition, which can lead to many other health problems. Cannabis oil, for example, can lower your blood sugar and reduce incidents.
14. Diet and weight loss
While the problem with hunger in third-world countries seems to get bigger and bigger, despite the work of many organizations, at the same time many of the first-world countries have a problem with obesity. If you are struggling to lose weight and become healthier, CBD oil could help you gain control of your body and brain and withstand temptations.
Insomnia is something a lot of people suffer from, and the reasons vary indefinitely - stress, swift changes in the weather, moon phases, etc. But we can assure you that with the help of cannabis products, you can relax your nervous system and have a good night`s sleep.
16. Liver disease
Cannabidiol and its applications help fight liver diseases by restoring the normal amount of serotonin receptors in the body.
Connected to a shift in the way the body functions, menopause could cause many hormonal and other problems. A way to combat those could be the consumption of CBD products.
18. Mood swings
Mood swings are a common effect of a hormonal disbalance and are directly linked to the nervous system of the body. CBD oil and food supplements can restore the normal way of functioning of the system and help you with the swift changes in your mood.
19. Multiple sclerosis
CBD products have proven to be very helpful for calming the nervous system and restoring its normal way of functioning. Therefore, it could be of help for multiple-sclerosis-patients by easing their symptoms and calming their bodies.
While it is naturally good for your body to get rid of unwanted and toxic substances which may block its functions, sometimes nausea is just an effect of over-stimulation of the eyes and brain during travelling on land or in the sea. If this is the case, CBD oil could save the day by alleviating the symptoms and relaxing you.
21. Pain and inflammation
From chronic inflammation through labor pain to migraine, CBD products offer an easy, natural and healthy way for you to ease the pain in your body and feel better. You can read more article about CBD for Pain and Inflammation here.
Parkinson`s disease affects the nervous system, making it impossible to control your body. Cannabis products calm your system and make it easier for you to function normally.
23. Pets` conditions
The growing rise in depression and anxiety in dogs, cats and other domestic animals has been observed in the last few years. You could help your pet improve his or her condition by giving them some CBD oil. Do not forget to consult your veterinarian before that!
24. Premenstrual syndrome
From the age of 12-13, every girl has at least once experienced PMS (premenstrual syndrome). The symptoms vary according to a person`s physique and organism. Cannabis oil and other CBD products can help you alleviate the pain and feel better during that time of the month.
Seizures, such as epilepsy, could be avoided with the consumption of cannabis products. Cannabis oil, for example, can also help with the symptoms after the seizure.
26. Sex life
It is a popular opinion that getting high or consuming alcohol can relax you and make you feel at ease when it comes to sex. But both things can also do damage to your body and mind. CBD oil is the answer in a case like this, as it brings all the positive benefits of cannabis without the psychotic effect which comes from THC.
27. Skin conditions: acne, arthritis, psoriasis
All skin conditions, such as acne, arthritis and psoriasis, are caused by toxins we either absorb through our skin or with our food. Applied externally on the skin, cannabis oil can help you lessen the symptoms, relieve the irritated skin and clear the pores.
28. Side effects of CBD products
Like every product, cannabis ones have official side effects, but they depend on the way the product is consumed or applied. Since it is extracted from a plant with the help of special techniques, cannabis oil could have no side effects for you, if you use it in the right dosage.
Although nowadays it is widely known that smoking is bad for your health and your skin and that it is the cause of numerous conditions including cancer, there still are many people around the world who smoke. If you are one of them but want to change your lifestyle to a healthier one, cannabis products could help you combat the withdrawal symptoms.
30. Sports injuries
Doing sports gets more blood to the brain, gives you endorphins and makes you feel more energized and motivated. But too much exercise can be dangerous for you – you can get injured. In situations like this, CBD products can help you recover properly.
Stress is part of our everyday life. Especially if you live in a big city with a lot of traffic and noise, it is not easy to be stress-resistant at all times. So naturally, in order to calm down and relax your body and brain, you need to get closer to the nature – and cannabis oil can help you with that.
The stressful everyday life and bad eating habits could lead not only to unhealthy weight gain, but also to brain disfunctions - getting a stroke is something very common among adults in different age groups. In order to recover quickly from one, you could use cannabis oil as a food supplement, as it will alleviate the symptoms after the stroke.
As the climate is changing, the sunrays get stronger, which results not only in the melting of huge masses of ice, but also in harm to your skin. So, when you get sunburnt the next time you are outside, some cannabis oil would alleviate the pain and help your skin heal faster.
3. How to make CBD oil? The four main extraction methods
The highest quality of CBD is extracted from industrial hemp which has a reliable quantity of THC and no psychoactive effects. lt has gained a lot of attention after its potential uses have been proved by recent studies.
The extraction is the simplest method because the plant contains little THC.
There are some brands that test rigorously to make sure that the CBD content, as well as the other cannabinoids, are up to par.
We at Formula Swiss always provide a certificate of analysis, which tells you exactly what kind of compounds are in the hemp oil and in what concentrations. We assure to maintain the quality of the CBD that is extracted directly from the plant. That is why we use the highest quality plants and extraction techniques
Many people ask how CBD oil is made and the answer is very simple. The extraction process involves using a solvent to extract the oil from the hemp stalk. There are numerous solvents used commercially, all of which have benefits and drawbacks. The commonly used solvents are CO2, olive oil, and other liquid solvents.
CO2 extraction of CBD
The CO2 extraction technique is highly specific and certainly, the safest and most efficient possible method. However, the process is considerably more expensive. Our experts use high-tech equipment for the process that changes the phases of the CO2 by the application of pressure and temperature.
- The CO2 gas is compressed and cooled for storage at 1000 psi. This pressure turns the gas into a liquid. Once compressed, the CO2 is in a gas and a liquid at the same time.
- The CO2 is heated up and when it becomes a gas, it passes through the hemp in a device called closed loop extractor, which helps extract pure CBD oil. Still, the pressure and temperature are managed with such perfection to assure that the nutritional content of the hemp is not be harmed.
- The result of this process is the high-quality CBD in its purest available form. All CBD products and extractions are stored in dark containers to assure that heat and light do not affect the concentration of the chemical of the extracts.
Our experts use the same process to understand the other hemp chemicals and to establish what kind of positive effects they could have on the human body.
We at Formula Swiss also perform quality control of all products and provide transparent test results.
Olive oil or ethanol extraction
Ethanol is one of the ways used for full-range CBD extraction. However, there are some drawbacks to this extraction method:
- It is water soluble and will easily dissolve chlorophyll, due to which the aroma of the product is grassy and bitter.
- Chlorophyll is easily extracted, but the additional methods will increase the cost of production.
- It has been found that when chlorophyll is removed from the extracted CBD, the potency of the oil is reduced.
That is why this technique is not commonly used. Instead, the method for olive oil extraction is applied. It is a simple method because the olive oil is heated at 200 degrees Fahrenheit and then the fumes are filtered through the CBD plant. Nevertheless, the filtering of the plant and the extraction of the oil can reduce the potency of the leaves, resulting in a need to take a higher dose to get the same effects.
Butane and hexane extraction method
This method is also known as The Rick Simpson Method.
Rick Simpsons was an individual suffering from tinnitus and dizziness after an incident. The procedure he was given had no effect. Consequently, he saw a documentary about the benefits of CBD and then asked his doctor about CBD therapy. After being turned down, he instead started to extract his own CBD and saw improvement in his condition after using it.
For the process of extraction, Rick Simpson used different hydrocarbons, such as:
The hydrocarbons have a low boiling point that can be purged during the extraction process. During this process, the purest form of CBD oil is extracted. It is very easy and cost-effective, but at the same time dangerous, because it could lead to explosions. During the extraction, it produces open fumes that are susceptible to flames.
The full spectrum CBD oil is the oil that has all the important chemical content that can be found in the original plant. Simply said, you will get all the natural CBD oil benefits.
In the full spectrum CBD oil there is a variety of nutrients available known as:
- Fatty acids
When referring to the CBD extracted from the hemp plant, it is important to note that there are several cannabinoids present in the compounds that help of the disease in question.
In the full spectrum CBD oil, you will get all the elements in the purest form. Whereas, in the isolate, most of the important elements are not present because the severe heating process destroys the nutritional content of the elements.
Contents of full spectrum CBD oil
The only way to become fully aware of the CBD oil benefits is to learn the role and properties of the chemical content of the full spectrum of the product.
- Cannabinoids. As already mentioned, CBD has a positive effect on your health. It helps relieve pain and hyperactive conditions. But the biggest benefits of the full spectrum organic CBD oil extracted from the hemp plant is that it has the lowest concentration of THC, which means that you will not have to deal with any psychotic side effects.
- Cannabigerol(CBG) is commonly known as stem cell cannabinoid. In most of the processes, the CBG is converted into CBD naturally, by the plant itself. This is the reason that organic plants commonly have the lowest concentration of CBG.
- Cannabinol (CBN). After degradation, THC is converted into CBN. In the fresh plants, the quantity of CBN is low. However, after the decarboxylation process, the concentration of CBN in the plants increases. There are slight psychoactive effects of the element, as well as a higher affinity for the CB2 receptors.
- Cannabichromene (CBC). The quantity of this element is higher in most of the strains but still, it is the least studied element found in the full spectrum of CBD oil. There is not enough data available that can prove that CBC has the same beneficial effects has CBD and THC. However, it has been proved in research that CBC has other positive effects, such as pain relief, antidepressant, and anti-anxiety ones.
Some of the other cannabinoids that you will find in the full spectrum CBD oil are:
- Cannabitriol (CBT)
- Cannabicyclol (CBL)
- Cannabifuran (CBF)
- Cannabicitran (CBT)
The unique scent of the cannabis plant comes from a chemical called terpenes. Even in small amounts, if it is combined with other cannabinoids, it has many positive effects on the body.
Some of the famous terpenes to consider are:
- Limonene helps improve your mood by relieving stress. It can help you deal with gastric efflux issues as well.
- Pinene helps boost alertness and improves memory. It is anti-inflammatory in nature.
- Linalool has sedative effects that are good for patients suffering from stress, depression, and insomnia.
- Caryophyllene has an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effect. It can help relieve pain and is good against insomnia.
- Humulene is another pain-relief element that has certain antibacterial properties. It can be used as an appetite suppressant as well.
Minerals and vitamins in CBD oil
CBD not only naturally helps your body but maintains the normal concentration of nutritions in it. There are several important vitamins in the full spectrum CBD oil like A, C, E, and B Complex and also some important minerals like:
Essential fats and protein
You will be surprised to know that apart from all the above-mentioned nutritional contents there are 20 amino acids in the full spectrum CBD oil and 9 of them are essential amino acids.
All the important essential fatty acids, such as Omega 3 and Omega 6 are available in the full spectrum CBD oil. The best thing about these fatty acids is that they are good for the heart’s health. The optimal ratio of those acids in the CBD oil is 3:1, which means that a decent quantity of essential proteins is produced by the CBD oil.
CBD isolate is basically the purest form of CBD. It is extracted from the hemp of the cannabis plant in the form of crystals. This explains its authenticity because crystals are usually the natural and pure form of anything that is extracted from another natural source.
CBD isolate is considered to be the best source of CBD that can be taken in its purest form. However, the CBD isolate is most often mixed with oils which are used for pain relief and against diseases such as cancer, schizophrenia, and even multiple sclerosis.
How is CBD isolate produced?
There is a proper procedure that follows the transformation of the CBD strains into crystals and here is how this happens:
- The CBD isolates are extracted as part of a special method, which involves the removal of the CO2 and other unwanted plant ingredients from the cannabis plant.
- After that, in order to get the CBD isolate, the plant strains are filtered and purified.
- This procedure allows the CBD isolate to be produced in its purest forms, which is a beautiful result of naturally developed remedies for medical therapies.
Full Spectrum CBD vs. CBD isolate
The full spectrum of CBD oil is better compared to isolates.
Here are some of the reasons why:
- The CBD oil is consumed by putting a few drops under the tongue, as a result of which it has a quick effect on the particular illness or disease.
- The CBD oil is made when the natural CBD crystals are mixed with liquids, like organic olive oil, for example, which helps in increasing its benefits.
- The CBD oil is easy and simple to take unlike the direct CBD isolate consumption, which is difficult for most people, because it is easier to swallow.
- The oil has the tendency of intensifying the medication procedure due to its natural properties, which is why it is also beneficial for massages and other therapies.
Consumption of CBD isolate
The CBD isolate can be consumed directly. Still, the best way to consume it is in the form of oil. It can also be taken in the form of baked goods, like brownies, or with food that contains natural fatty acids such as butter, milk, and cheese etc.
There are the three fundamental states of CBD oil that pretty much all CBD oil items fit into.
We will investigate every one of these three kinds of CBD oil in detail.
Raw CBD oil
“Raw” signifies that CBD has not been filtered. It is processed only up until its extraction and thereafter it is left in that state. The lack of further processing might lead to the oil containing a wide variety of compounds, such as: plant particles, lipids (fats), chlorophyll, and terpenes. Most often, this oil`s coloring appears in the range between dull green and dark, with a thick consistency. Raw CBD oil is primarily preferred by individuals who are hoping to profit by utilizing the whole hemp plant and not just cannabidiol.
Decarboxylated CBD oil
This oil is for people who are either making their own edible CBD or for ones who suffer from anxiety issues, sleep deprivation, joint inflammation and headaches.
The procedure of decarboxylation is viewed as an approach to increase the quality and viability of the CBD, which results in quicker response time, once it is in your body.
The coloring and consistency of the decarboxylated CBD oil are both similar to the oil in its raw state.
Filtered CBD oil
Filtered CBD oil is the most popular and therefore in the biggest demand. This product suits individuals with a variety of needs from gentle anxiety, to considerably serious illnesses.
There are numerous cases of CBD oil users who have not been able to feel the benefits of the oil, which is simply because they buy the wrong CBD product. There are many producers in the market who employ techniques for low-quality extraction, as a result of which the potency and effectiveness of the CBD is reduced.
The selection of CBD requires careful measures, here are some of the important things you have to consider.
How to choose CBD oil? - Select a reputable company
We prefer Swiss companies because they are authentic and deliver quality local hemp products. Pay attention to the extraction process the company is using and make sure to consider the reviews and ratings from other customers of the company.
Consulting previous customers is a practice used for sharing experiences for the performance of the company and the quality of their products. Make sure that you do not make a compromise on quality when you buy CBD oil, especially as a wholesaler.
Prefer plant-based CBD instead of crystals
A common mistake that most of the customers make, is that they buy the crystal-based CBD oil instead of the plant-based oil.
You should prefer plant-based oil for the following reasons:
- The crystals could have been stored for a long period of time and if that is the case, then their potency is reduced. However, extracts from plants are fresh and highly potent.
- Crystals often contain preservatives, which lesser the positive effect of the product, while the extracts from plants are the purest, which means all benefits are present.
During the selection of the product make sure that you ask the manufacturers whether the CBD is plant-based, or crystal based.
Hemp plants should be grown 100% organically
The nutritional value and the concentration of CBD are both higher in organic plants as compared to those hemp strains that have been cultivated with the help of fertilizers.
You should know that the content of fertilizers and pesticides is high in some hemp plants. The removal of those chemicals cannot be achieved by simply washing the plants. Which means that the chemicals could be transferred to the CBD oil during the extraction process and then do harm to your body.
Pay attention to the production method
Make sure that you know what production method is used by the company. Some of the best methods include:
- CO2 extraction
- Ethanol extraction
- Olive oil extraction
- Hydrocarbon extraction
Companies that use CO2 extraction have the finest quality products. Ethanol and Olive oil extraction is reliable as well, but it will not generate the same positive effects.
Try avoiding products from companies that use hydrocarbon extraction.
Make sure that you select a company that uses special testing techniques. You can inform yourself about this by viewing published test results, or by simply reading the description on the bottle.
Check GMP lab certification
In the end, you should ask for а GMP certificate. It is a special certificate that is given to the companies which have met the requirements for good manufacturing practices. This certificate is proof that the company you have chosen will generate high-quality results.
Apart from that, companies with GMP certificates have to maintain their standards. They have to deliver the same quality products, in order for their reputation to be maintained. Shortly put, a GMP certificate is proof that you are doing business with a reliable company.
How to use and take the CBD oil
We have made a separate article about, how you should take the CBD oil according to guidelines of the MEDCAN association in Switzerland.
Make sure you read how does CBD oil work and how to use it properly.
Cannabidiol (CBD) is one of the non-psychoactive cannabinoids found in the hemp plant. These cannabinoids have the ability to act on the cannabinoid receptors that are found throughout the body. Studies have shown that CBD helps reduce chronic pain by impacting endocannabinoid receptor activity, reducing inflammation and interacting with neurotransmitters. Its many benefits are attractive both to the medical field and recreational users.
Due to its rapidly growing popularity, we rest assured that CBD and its unique qualities can be made part of our daily routine, by using it as a natural manner to reduce stress and pain. We firmly believe that soon it will play a crucial role in the medical field, improving the lives of individuals suffering from certain mental and physical illnesses.
Is CBD legal?
In this article, we have not covered the legal aspect of CBD locally, as it is a wide and complex subject that will be covered in a separate article.
The legal landscape is constantly changing all over the World, but always in the favour of CBD, hemp and medical cannabis. The same products are sometimes categorised as medicine, food supplements or ingredients ; it all depends on the local legislation and adaptation of cannabis-derived products.
In some countries CBD can be purchased everywhere, in others CBD is sold at pharmacies or prescribed by doctors only. In other countries CBD is only sold by the government or available at hospitals etc.
In all EU countries import of CBD is allowed for personal use, if the THC content is less than 0.2% (Italy allow up to 0.6% THC).
In USA CBD is allowed in most states, but federally not completely legalised, even though it is expected to be legalised very soon.
To summarise the legal aspect of CBD, we always recommend you to check the legislation in your local country and ask your doctor for recommendations, before you use it.
This article was written by an independent and third-party author specialising in CBD, hemp and cannabis research. Any opinion, advice or recommendation expressed in the article does not reflect the opinion of Formula Swiss AG or any of our employees. We do not make any claims about any of our products and refer to our disclaimer for more information.